close print view
Board of State Canvassers meeting Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- - NOTICE - -
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE BOARD OF STATE CANVASSERS WILL CONDUCT A MEETING ON TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2006 AT 10:30 A.M. IN ROOM 519 OF THE HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING, 124 NORTH CAPITOL AVENUE, LANSING, MICHIGAN.
Included on the Agenda will be:
- Consideration of Board minutes for approval.
- Consideration of initiative petition submitted for approval as to form by Repeal SBT, 124 West Allegan, Ste. 800, Lansing, Michigan 48933. (Petition would repeal the Single Business Tax Act; provide for the collection of taxes due under current law on business activity through December 31, 2007; and encourage the legislature to adopt a tax that is "less burdensome and less costly to employers, and more conducive to job creation and investment.")
- Establishment of deadline for challenging signatures appearing on the initiative petition filed on February 21, 2006 by Citizens for Education, P.O. Box 2573, East Lansing, Michigan 48826-2573.
- Consideration of WinEDS v.3.1.012/Optech Ballot Wizard v.1.1 Election Management System Software and Optech Insight Optical Scan Tabulator v.APX2.10/HPX1.42 submitted by Sequoia Voting Systems of Oakland, California for approval for use in Michigan.
- Consideration of Unity v.3.0 Election Management System Software; M100 Tabulator v.184.108.40.206; and M650 Tabulator v.220.127.116.11 submitted by Election Systems & Software of Omaha, Nebraska for approval for use in Michigan.
- Consideration of AutoMark Voter Assist Terminal v.1.0 with AIMS software v.1.1.10 submitted by Election Systems & Software of Omaha, Nebraska for approval for use in Michigan.
Such other and further business as may be properly presented to the Board.
Christopher M. Thomas, Secretary
Board of State Canvassers
A person may address the Board on any agenda item at the end of the meeting. A person who wishes to address the Board on an agenda item at the time the item is being discussed must submit a written request to the Chairperson of the Board prior to the opening of the meeting. Persons addressing the Board are allotted three minutes.
People with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in this meeting should contact Lydia Valles at (517) 241-4662 (voice) or (517) 241-4320 (TDD) one day in advance to request mobility, visual, hearing or other assistance.