Vehicles and Titles

I have lost my registration. What should I do?

If your license plate has not expired, you can obtain a duplicate registration at any Secretary of State office or by using ExpressSOS. When requesting a duplicate registration at a branch office or online, make sure to have the license plate number or registration number ready. There is no fee for a duplicate vehicle registration. A duplicate watercraft or moped registration is $2 and a duplicate snowmobile registration is $5.

Related Documents & Topics


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.