Driving - Misc.

Can I obtain a state identification card if my license is suspended?

You are eligible to apply for a state ID card if:

  1. Your Michigan driver license has been suspended, revoked, or restricted.
  2. You are a Michigan resident and your driving privileges are terminated due to a mental or physical disability
  3. You have driving privileges but your driver license does not contain a photo for identification purposes, you are eligible if you have been:

    a. Issued a Michigan Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP)
    b. Issued a Court Ordered Restricted License (CORDL)
        or a restricted license issued by the Secretary of State
    c. Arrested for drunk driving and your driver license
        has been confiscated and destroyed by the police
        officer making the arrest and a temporary permit has
        been issued

 > Additional State ID Related Information


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.