Skip Navigation
Email this Page
Share this Link on Facebook
Tweet this page on Twitter!
Do I need an enhanced driver's license or state ID card if I am going on a cruise?

Whether you can use an enhanced driver's license or state ID card depends on which ports you will be visiting. Foreign ports may require a passport for entry. Please note that due to emergencies, such as weather conditions, cruise ships may make unscheduled stops at foreign ports that require documents other than an enhanced license or state ID card to go ashore. Contact the cruise line or your travel agent for specific information.


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan