Driving - Misc.

How do I renew a disability license plate or parking placard?

Renewing a disability license plate

Information for renewing a disability license plate can be found on this page.

Renewing a permanent disability parking placard

A permanent disability parking placard may be renewed up to 45 days before the expiration date. Renewals may be processed at any Secretary of State office with same-day service.

Other convenient options are offered for renewing a permanent disability parking placard with the new placard being issued by mail; renew by submitting a request by e-mail to the soswebmaster@michigan.gov, by telephone at 888-SOS-MICH (888-767-6424), or by mail to:

Michigan Department of State
PO Box 30764
Lansing MI 48909-8264

Please make sure to include your expiring permit number and your name, address and a daytime phone number with your renewal request.

Temporary disability parking placard

Temporary disability parking placards cannot be renewed. A new application is required if the medical condition has not improved.

Related Documents & Topics


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.