Repair Facility/Mechanic Training
The Michigan Department of State, Business Compliance and Regulation Division offers training to help repair facilities and their employees with the basic requirements of the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act and to answer their questions. There are no course registration fees.
- Registration is first come, first served.
- Class size is limited - register early!
- Picture ID is required for entry into the buildings where training is held.
- Who should attend?
- Repair facility owners, managers, service advisers and technicians.
- What will be covered?
- The basics!
- Repair Facility Manual
- Proper written estimates and final invoices
- Record keeping requirements
- Repair facility and mechanic responsibilities
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Other basic requirements
- Your Questions
- The basics!
To register, please include your full name, address, telephone number, email address, mechanic number or facility registration number, class date of choice and two alternate dates. You will be contacted upon placement.
Submit your registration request to: BLRD@Michigan.gov
Training Dates, Times and Locations:
|February 1, 2017||Wednesday||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||THIS CLASS IS FULL|
|March 1, 2017||Wednesday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||THIS CLASS IS FULL|
|April 12, 2017||Wednesday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||THIS CLASS IS FULL|
|May 3, 2017||Wednesday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Operations Center, Lansing|
|June 15, 2017||Thursday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Operations Center, Lansing|
|August 9, 2017||Wednesday||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||Operations Center, Lansing|
|September 14, 2017||Thursday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Operations Center, Lansing|
|October 3, 2017||Tuesday||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Operations Center, Lansing|