Am I required to have a MPSC number?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

The Secretary of State does not require an MPSC number. However, an MPSC number is usually required by local municipalities or law enforcement agencies. The MPSC number may be required by state law for some towing agencies. Towing agencies should contact the
Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) to determine whether they need MPSC authority.


Related Documents & Topics


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.