Mortgage Broker

Required State License(s):

1) Mortgages on residential properties of four units or less (or land which is being developed for such a use) -- requires a license or registration with the Mortgage Brokers, Lenders, and Servicers Licensing Act or Secondary Mortgage Loan Act, contact the Department of Insurance and Financial Services for licensure information at 877-999-6442 or visit

2) Mortgages on other property, such as commercial property or residential properties or more than four units -- requires a license from the Board of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons.

Revised: 06/2017