close print view
Manufactured Home - Installer LicenseAgency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
The Bureau of Construction Codes, Building Division of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs issues
Manufactured Home - Installer License
B. STATUTORY AUTHORITY:
C. APPLICABLE REGULATION:
D. SUMMARY OF PERMIT/APPROVAL PROCESS:
1. Applicability (activities that require the permit)
R 125.1214i Installer and servicer; licensing required.
(2) A person who, for compensation installs or disassembles the installation of homes, including their non-permanently affixed steps, skirting, and anchoring systems, or who services homes, for which service another Michigan license is not required, shall be licensed as an installer and servicer.
2. Pre-Application Requirements
(3) Before applying for an original or renewal installer and servicer license, the operator shall complete 12 hours of department-approved installation programs throughout the current licensing cycle.
3. Application Submission Requirements
(1) An applicant shall submit a completed licensing application to the department on a form prescribed by the department before the date on which the applicant intends to be an installer and servicer.
4. Procedures and Time-Frame for Obtaining Permit or Approval
An applicant may not conduct business until it receives a license.
Complete the application forms and return them to the Building Division with the non-refundable filing fee at least 30 days prior to the date you want to begin conducting business. Your application will not be processed without the fee or if incomplete.
5. Operational Requirements
R 125.1213a License; failure to renew; expiration
Rule 213a (1) If a licensee fails to file a license renewal application with the department before October 1, then the license held shall expire in compliance with the act.
(2) An initial or renewal license under the act shall be issued for 3 years. Licenses shall expire on October 1 of the current licensing cycle.
Manufactured Home Installer/Servicer License - Fee $150.00
7. Appeal Process
8. Public Input Opportunities
Comments and Complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bureau of Construction Codes Web-site: www.michigan.gov/bcc
Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan