Private Club Licensing Information

Required State License(s):

An entertainment permit is required with the Liquor Control Commission.

Any individual involved in the business of selling spirits with over 21% alcoholic content for consumption off the premises, should be licensed with the Liquor Control Commission; (517) 322-1345.

Any individual engaged in the business of selling beer, wine, and/or spirits for consumption on the premises should be licensed with the Liquor Control Commission. Twenty-four hour permits are available to non-profit organizations.

Other Possible License(s):

An entertainment license is required with the local city/county clerks office.

When food is served a license is required with one's local health department.

For information about "private clubs" contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations Division at (517) 241-6470.

Revised: 5/2005