Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Distressed Food

    Required State License(s):

    Valid Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development food establishment license is required. Contact the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food Section; (517) 373-1060.

    To become an officially recognized destination for distressed foods, an establishment shall submit an application to the Lansing office on a form prescribed by the MDARD food section. Application shall be made at least 30 days prior to expected operation. The local MDARD Food Section regional office shall inspect the proposed business site, operation and then the Lansing office will be notified for approval or disapproval of applicant.

    Applicants must comply with all applicable requirements of the Michigan Food Law of 2000, as amended, e.g. construction, sanitary operations, employee practices, and food handling methods.

    The facility and equipment must be suited for the proposed operation, e.g.., size, refrigeration, proper equipment and container washing sinks and toilet facilities. The exact type of equipment and facilities will be dictated by the proposed nature of food handling or processing.

    Revised: 06/2008

    Related Content
     •  DLEGOFIR-30
     •  DLEGOFIR-17
     •  DLEGOFIR-16
     •  Deletion of Limo Equipment - Limousine Roster Update
     •  Deletion of Bus Equipment - Bus Roster Update
     •  Dairy Farm Permit
     •  Drinking Water Laboratory Certification
     •  Do you want to make changes to your existing unemployment tax account?
     •  Do you want to make changes to the status of your business?
     •  Deferred Presentment Service Provider License
     •  Dam Safety (Repairs/Construction) Permit
     •  Distressed Vehicle Transporter License
     •  Dry Cleaning Operation License
     •  Licenses for Stand Alone Dairy-Related Facilities not Connected to a Dairy Plant
     •  Dairy Processing Plant License
     •  Driver Education Provider License
     •  Debt Management Firm License
     •  Disposal or Transportation of Dead Animals License
     •  Dewatering Well Contractor
     •  Dance Studio/School
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan