Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Janitorial Service

    Required State Licenses:

    There is no state license required for cleaning/janitorial services.  

    However, many local governments (cities, townships, villages, etc.) do license these services. Contact your local city, township or village clerks office.  

    Contact the Department of Environmental Quality at; telephone: (800) 662-9278 for further information about the discharging of detergents, chemicals, etc. 

    When discharge is poured/flushed in sewers, contact local waste water treatment plant.  

    If a product is available for sale to the public, a sales tax license is required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.

    Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730. For technical questions, contact the Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Division at (517) 636-4660.  

    Revised:  4/2005

    Related Content
     •  Junkyard Permit
     •  Joint Permit Application MDEQ/Army Corp of Engineers
     •  Jockey-Apprentice Jockey
     •  Jeweler
     •  Jockey Agent
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan