Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Financing Contract Sales

    Required State License(s):

    For installment sales of passenger cars and motor homes. New and Used Vehicle Dealers are licensed with the Department of State, Dealer Division; 517-373-9460.

    Contact the Department of Treasury, Sales, Use and Withholding Division at 517-636-4660 for a sales tax license.

    Other Possible License(s):

    If an auto dealer finances all purchases, the dealer is required to be licensed as an Installment Seller of Motor Vehicles with Department of Insurance and Financial Services; 517-373-0220.

    For installment sales of other products, no license is required, but certain limits apply about the rate of interest that may be charged. Contact the Department of Insurance and Financial Services; 517-373-0220.

    Revised: 10/2013

    Related Content
     •  Food Assistance - Bridge Card
     •  FINRA Regulated Broker-Dealer Firms Registration
     •  Food Processing
     •  Food Stores
     •  Food Cart
     •  Freestanding Surgical Outpatient Facility License
     •  Electrical Fire Alarm Contractor License
     •  Foreign Risk Retention Group Registration
     •  First Mortgage License & Registration
     •  Food Establishment License
     •  Fertilizer Manufacturer/Distributors and Soil Conditioners License
     •  Foreign Salvage Vehicle Dealer License
     •  First Mortgage - Non-Profit Authority
     •  Floodplains and Plat Review
     •  Food Service License
     •  Funeral Establishment License (Mortuary Science)
     •  Floodplain Permit (Part 31)
     •  Fire Suppression
     •  Forensic Polygraph Examiner Licensing Information
     •  Forester Registration Information
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan