Hot Tub

Agency: Environmental Quality

Required State License(s):

Public swimming pools, spa pools, whirlpools, wading pools, water slides, etc. must be licensed by the Department of Environmental Quality, Office of Drinking Water and Municipal Assistance; 517-284-6529.

Permits are required to construct and to operate.

Contact the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development about pool cleaning chemicals, Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division; 517-373-1087.

Installing swimming pools in/at residential structures should be licensed with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Professional Licensing; 517-373-8068 or vist our website at

Revised: 8/2016