Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Laboratory Analysis

    Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

    Required State License(s):  

    Medical Lab - Laboratory Improvement Section, Bureau of Health Care Services 517-241-2648.  

    Testing of Waste Water - No license required but can be accredited by National Sanitation Foundation (NSF), International, Ann Arbor, Michigan 734-769-8010.  

    Testing of Soil - For environmental reasons, contact Department of Environmental Quality 800-662-9278.  

    The testing of residential drinking water, contact the local county health department; the testing of public water, contact the Field Operations Program at 517-335-9216.  

    When testing the drinking water at a mobile home park, contact Radiological Protection at 517-335-9214.  

    Administrators of the technical and scientific operation of a clinical lab, including supervision of procedures and reporting test findings should be certified with the Health Facilities Division, Laboratory Improvement Section, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs 517- 241-2648.  

    Clinical lab directors of Medicare-certified independent labs are subject to both state and federal regulations.  

    Revised: December 2013

    Related Content
     •  Law Enforcement Officer / Police
     •  Liquor Control/Authorized Distribution Agent Certification
     •  Limited Alcohol Buyer License
     •  Limited Partnership
     •  Limited Liability Partnership
     •  Liming Materials Product License
     •  Locally Licensed Sign Specialty Contractor Registration
     •  Locally Licensed Electrical Contractor Registration
     •  Locally Licensed Fire Alarm Contractor Registration
     •  Limousine - Equipment Deletion
     •  Limousine - Add Additional Vehicles
     •  Limousine - Company Address Change Request
     •  Limousine - Company Change of Name
     •  Limousine - Safety Inspection
     •  Limousine Certificate of Authority
     •  Lottery Retailer
     •  Livestock Dealer License
     •  Liquid Industrial Waste Transporter Registration
     •  Subsurface, On-Site Sewage Disposal System Construction Permit or Approval
     •  Local Sewer Authority
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan