Liquid Industrial Waste Hauler

Agency: Public Service Commission

Required State License(s):  

When transporting liquid industrial waste from the premises of another contact the Department of Environmental Quality for further information (586)753-3850.  

Michigan Public Service Commission:  
  • Intrastate Operating Authority     When hauling for-hire, in intrastate commerce, operating authority must be granted through the Motor Carrier Division, Public Service Commission (PSC), Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.  For-hire means, for a direct or indirect fee, transporting property not owned nor manufactured by the company doing the transporting.  Once granted authority, the carrier may have to license its intrastate vehicle(s) though the PSC; (517)241-6030 or visit MPSC/Motor Carrier Division

  • Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program     All interstate carriers, private and for-hire, must register in the annual Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program.  Enforcement begins January 1st .     UCR Information

Revised:  12/2013