Medical Claims

Required State License(s):

An individual or business which processes claims for benefits (medical, surgical, dental, etc.) and provides one or more other administrative services in compliance with a service contract (other than under a workers' compensation self insurance program) should be licensed with the Department of Insurance and Financial Services at (517) 373-0220.

Third Party Administrator's [TPAs] collect insurance claims on behalf of an employer and generally take over administration of any insurance plan--for an administrative fee.

Revised:  07/2014