Moving Company

Contact: Motor Carrier Division 517-241-6030
Agency: Public Service Commission

Required State License(s):

Michigan Motor Carrier Act,
Michigan Compiled Law, Chapters 475-479. 

Any and all business entities seeking to operate as an intrastate carrier of household goods must be granted operating authority through the Motor Carrier Division, Public Service Commission (PSC), Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. This includes carriers conducting delivery services of household goods under contract from a manufacturer, store or other entity. Once granted authority, the carrier must license its intrastate vehicle(s) though the PSC; (517)241-6030.

All interstate carriers, private and for-hire, must register in the annual Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Program. Enforcement begins January 1st.

Visit select "motor carrier/forms" to print a blank "Application for an Intrastate Motor Carrier Certificate - Household Goods" and instructions.  

Revised: 12/2013