Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Non-Transferable Municipal Golf Course License

    Department:  Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

    Agency:   Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC)

    Required State License(s):

    All persons engaged in the manufacture, importation, possession, transportation, and sale of alcohol must obtain a license from the MLCC.  Licenses are issued by the MLCC in accordance with the requirements of the Liquor Control Code of 1998 and MLCC administrative rules.

    A Municipal Golf Course License may be issued in a county of 1,000,000 or more for a golf course that is owned by a county, city, village, or township and is open to the public.  This on premises Class C license allows the sale of beer, wine, spirits, and mixed spirit drink for consumption on the premises. 

    A Municipal Golf Course License may also be issued in a county with a population of between 500,000 and 700,000 for  a golf course that is owned by a city with a population of over 190,000 but under 300,000 and is open to the public.  This on premises Tavern license allows the sale of beer and wine for consumption on the premises.

    These types of on premises licenses are not subject to the limitations and quotas of 1 public license for each 1,500 of population or major fraction in each city, village, and township (local governmental unit) in Michigan. For further information on licenses issued by the MLCC visit our website at,4601,7-154-35299_10570_16941---,00.html or contact us toll-free at 1-866-813-0011.

    Revised:  03/2014

    Related Content
     •  The notification of intent to renovate/demolish is temporarily unavailable.
     •  Non-Transferable Municipal Civic Center or Civic Auditorium License
     •  Non-Transferable State Owned Airport License
     •  Non-Transferable Publicly Owned Airport License
     •  NonProfit Seminar
     •  Non-Transferable On Premises Resort License
     •  Non-FINRA Regulated Broker-Dealer Firm Registration
     •  Non-Transferable Mackinac Island State Park License
     •  Non-Transferable Public University Outdoor Program or Festival
     •  Non-Transferable On Premises Resort Economic Development License
     •  Non-Gaming Vendor Exemption (Renewal)
     •  NPDES Storm Water Discharge from Construction Sites Notice of Coverage
     •  NPDES CAFO Permit
     •  NPDES (Non-Storm Water) Permit
     •  Noncommunity Water Supply Permits (Type II)
     •  NPDES Storm Water (Industrial) General Permit
     •  Need to know how to become a Reimbursing Employer
     •  New Vehicle Dealer License
     •  Nonferrous Metallic Minerals Mining Permit
     •  Non-Profit Seminar
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan