Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Peddler's License

    Required State License(s):

    A sales or use tax license is required for sales of most products. You may contact the Michigan Department of Treasury, Registration Division at (517) 636-4660.

    For technical questions, contact the Sales, Use and Withholding Tax Division at (517) 636-4730.

    When a business is engaged in processing, packing, repacking, canning, preserving, freezing, fabricating, storing, selling or offering for sale food item(s), the business should be licensed as a food establishment with the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food and Dairy Division (517) 373-1060.

    Also check with the Food and Dairy Division about Labeling Laws.

    Other Possible License(s):

    When food products are prepared on the premises, a Food Service license should be obtained from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food and Dairy Division at (517) 373-1060.

    Depending on the type of food processed, federal license, certification or inspection may be required. Contact USDA Food Safety and Inspection Division (608) 240-4080.

    Further Information:

    Contact your local County Clerk's office for information about peddler's licenses.

    Revised: 5/2005

    Related Content
     •  Private Postsecondary School
     •  Professional Employer Organization (PEO)
     •  Law Enforcement Officer / Police
     •  Participation Permit
     •  Personnel Agency License
     •  Pesticide Product Registration
     •  Private Well and Other Well Permits (i.e. Type III and Irrigation)
     •  Plumbing Permit
     •  Public Water Supply Construction Permit (Type I)
     •  Public Swimming Pool License
     •  Pet Shop License
     •  Public Swimming Pool Construction (spas/hot tubs) Permit
     •  Pharmacy License
     •  Pharmacy - Controlled Substance License
     •  Pharmacy - Use of a Controlled Substance in a Dog Pound, Animal Shelter, or by a Class B Dealer
     •  Pharmacy - Manufacturer/Wholesaler License
     •  Pharmacy - Controlled Substance Research License
     •  Psychiatric Program License
     •  Prepaid Funeral Provider
     •  Professional Investigation Agency License
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan