Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Pet Grooming

    Required State License(s):

    No state license is required.

    Other Possible License(s): Some counties regulate different types of businesses; contact your local county/city clerks office and inquire about a permit or license for this type of business.


    Contact the Department of Environmental Quality at (800) 662-9278 for environmental information.


    If water and soap is discharged into the sewer system, contact the local waste water treatment plant for a permit/license.

    When discharging soaps, chemicals in the ground water (septic tanks) or into surface water, contact the Department of Environmental Quality at (800) 662-9278 for further information.

    If the business will give flea baths or treatments, they probably will need to have a 7G. DOMESTIC ANIMAL PEST MANAGEMENT license from Department of Agriculture and Rural Development under Part 83 Pesticide Control of Act 451, depending on the type of product they use. Call the MDARD Pesticide & Plant Pest Management Division at 517-373-1087 or go to,1607,7-125-1569_16988_35288-11982--,00.html for application and more information.


    Revised: 04/2010

    Related Content
     •  Private Postsecondary School
     •  Professional Employer Organization (PEO)
     •  Law Enforcement Officer / Police
     •  Participation Permit
     •  Personnel Agency License
     •  Pesticide Product Registration
     •  Private Well and Other Well Permits (i.e. Type III and Irrigation)
     •  Plumbing Permit
     •  Public Water Supply Construction Permit (Type I)
     •  Public Swimming Pool License
     •  Pet Shop License
     •  Public Swimming Pool Construction (spas/hot tubs) Permit
     •  Pharmacy License
     •  Pharmacy - Controlled Substance License
     •  Pharmacy - Use of a Controlled Substance in a Dog Pound, Animal Shelter, or by a Class B Dealer
     •  Pharmacy - Manufacturer/Wholesaler License
     •  Pharmacy - Controlled Substance Research License
     •  Psychiatric Program License
     •  Prepaid Funeral Provider
     •  Professional Investigation Agency License
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan