Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Rentals - General

    Required State License(s):

    A use tax license may be required for rentals. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

    Further Information: For "rent-to-own" establishments, the Retail Installment Sales Act, MCLA 445.851 - 445.872 should be reviewed for interest rate limitations and rental contract requirements.

    Revised: 11/2002

    Related Content
     •  Redevelopment or Development District License
     •  Restaurant
     •  Reinsurance Intermediary License
     •  Radioactive Materials
     •  Resident Agent / Registered Officer
     •  Regulatory Loan License
     •  Repair Facility License
     •  Raw Milk License, for Hauling
     •  Restricted Use Pesticide Dealer License
     •  Retail Motor Fuels Outlet License: Frequently Asked Questions
     •  Right-of-Way Construction Permits (Highway Right-of-way Use)
     •  Radiation Machine Registration
     •  Radiation Shielding Plan Review
     •  Residential Builder and Maintenance & Alteration Contractor Company License
     •  Real Estate Broker License
     •  Rental and Leasing Agent
     •  Racetracks/Racetrack Vendor, Licensing Information
     •  Repossession Agency
     •  Reptile/Amphibian Catcher, Commercial
     •  Resale
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan