Your Substitute Form 1099-G contains important information for your tax records and is also furnished to the Internal Revenue Service.
This is not a bill. This statement is issued annually by the Michigan Department of Treasury.
The Substitute Form 1099-G issued reports the amount of the refund issued to you during the previous calendar year.
The information contained on this form represents the tax year as shown in box 3.
Review all refunds issued to you and the tax returns filed during the year in question; add to the refund amount, any of the following which are included on the Substitute Form 1099-G:
- Amounts credited forward to 2015 estimated tax
- Prior year refunds issued in 2015
- Refund amounts intercepted by Treasury to apply to back tax Assessments, State Agency Collections (e.g., Driver Responsibility Fee) or other 3rd Party Garnishments.
- Any portion of a refund designated on your return to pay Use tax.
- Contributions designated for Michigan Voluntary Contribution Schedule
Subtract refundable credits which are not included on the Substitute Form 1099-G:
- Homestead Property Tax Credit
- Farmland Preservation Credit
- Earned Income Tax Credit
This figure should match the amount on your Substitute Form 1099-G.
If you believe the refund and/or interest amounts provided on this Substitute Form 1099-G are incorrect, use the estimator below to confirm the correct amount before contacting the department.
Please remember to a copy of this screen once your estimation is complete. Keep this copy with your tax records/documentation for the appropriate year.
This estimator provides an unofficial estimate and has no legal bearing on any future tax liability. Interactive estimators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use.
NOTE: The information you provide is anonymous and will only be used for purposes of this estimation. It will not be shared, stored or used in any other way, nor can it be used to identify the individual who enters it. It will be discarded when you exit this program.