Tax Professional Quick Links
- Business, Rental & Royalty Activity Worksheet An example MI-1040 attachment that filers may use to provide the required information about out-of-state income not subject to Michigan income tax. See also the Business, Rental & Royalty Activity Worksheet Instructions.
- Voluntary Disclosure by Taxpayer
The Voluntary Disclosure Act (Public Act 221 of 1998) authorizes the State Treasurer, or a representative, to enter into a voluntary disclosure agreement with nonfilers who have not been previously contacted by the Department and who meet certain other criteria. (Reference MCL 205.30c).
Under a voluntary disclosure agreement, eligible persons may file returns and pay taxes and interest for a limited lookback period of four years without imposition of penalties, in exchange for future tax compliance.
- 2015 Approved Software Developers
Check here for a list of approved software developers for tax year 2015.
- 2014 Tax Text Manual Handbook on the various taxes administered by the Department.
- Corporate Income Tax FAQs
- Streamlined Sales Tax: The Multi-State Tax Commission web site provides additional information on allocation and apportionment and Nexus
- Penalty and Interest Estimators Estimate the amount of penalty and interest owed on tax.
- Business Income and Nexus The Multi-State Tax Commission web site provides additional information on allocation and apportionment and Nexus
- Tax Practitioner Web Services
Enter a service request for your individual income tax or business tax client.
- Historical Michigan Income Tax Rates & Allowed Exemptions, 1999 - 2010
- MBT Frequently Asked Questions Frequently asked questions about the Michigan Business Tax.
- Revenue Administrative Bulletins
- EFT Payment Information for Business Filers
- IRS Web Site
- Authorized Representative Declaration (Power of Attorney Form)
MCL 205.28(1)(f) strictly prohibits employees of the Department of Treasury from disclosing confidential tax information to anyone other than the individual taxpayer or his or her authorized representative.
- Procedures and Requirements for Charitable Organizations Department of Attorney General, Charitable Trust Division