Tobacco Tax Electronic Filing Program
Welcome to the Michigan Department of Treasury's Tobacco Products Tax Electronic Filing Program for Licensed Wholesalers and Unclassified Acquirers.
New E-Filer Information
Before you can participate in the Tobacco Products e-file program, you must complete and submit the appropriate application(s).
- ASCII filers must complete Form #4154, the Tobacco Products Tax Electronic Filing Application, as well as a Form #3999, Trading Partner Agreement.
- Web Direct Filers are required to complete and submit Form #4154, the Tobacco Products Tax Electronic Filing Application.
An approval notification is mailed to the address provided after receipt of your completed application(s). Included with your approval notification will be a user ID and password for transmitting return information to Treasury. A separate notification will be sent if you have chosen ACH Debit as your payment method. After successfully completing system testing and prior to the deadlines for test filings, you will be given approval to access the secure Web site to e-file live Tobacco Products reports.
Tobacco Tax Licensees that affix tobacco stamps to cigarette packs will also have the ability to order stamp and monitor/adjust their stamps inventory on-line.
For more information on the Tobacco Products e-file program, please refer to the e-file publications and forms listed below or contact the Tobacco Taxes Unit at (517) 636-4630.
File Specifications and Related Publications
File specifications and related publications for the Tobacco Tax e–file program:
- Brand Codes for NPM Tobacco Products
- Tobacco Business Types
- Tobacco Credit Types
- Hardware/Software Recommendations
- Excel Spreadsheet to create Wholesalers, Secondary Wholesalers, Unclassified Acquirer Returns
- Excel Spreadsheet to create Manufacturer ASCII File Format
- Tobacco Electronic Filing Notice
Forms (All forms are fillable):
- Tobacco Tax Forms Effective April 2005
- 3999 – Trading Partner Agreement
- 4154 – Tobacco Products Tax Electronic Filing Application
- 4239 – Tobacco Products Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Credit Application
- 4240 – Tobacco Products Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Debit Application
- 4241 – Tobacco Products Tax Payment/Proposed Adjustment Coupon
- 4515 – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Account Update