Individual Income Tax

How can I obtain copies of W-2s?

Requests for copies of your W-2(s) should be made to your employer. The State of Michigan does not receive individual withholding information.

In order to receive credit for Michigan tax withheld, you must obtain this information from your employer.

If your employer is unable to provide a copy, you will need to request a substitute income statement from the Internal Revenue Service. The substitute IRS form will contain only federal information. You may contact them at 800-829-1040, or through their Web site at