Are conversions from a regular IRA to a Roth IRA subject to Michigan income tax?

Yes, to the extent the conversion amount is included in federal adjusted gross income and the taxpayer is a Michigan resident. However, the rollover distribution from a regular IRA qualifies for the pension subtraction, within the limitations of the statute, if the individual is at least 59 1/2 years of age when the rollover occurs.