What documents are required if I am a Personal Representative for a deceased taxpayer?

We require one of the following when claiming a refund for a deceased taxpayer:

  1. If a Personal Representative has petitioned the Court for Letters of Authority, a copy is required. If not see #2.
  2. Claim for Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer (MI-1310) and a death certificate must be attached.

Mail the appropriate documentation along with the final return to the address on the bottom of the return.