Who can file a home heating credit claim?
To be eligible:
- Your total household resources must fall within the limits for this credit found in Table A or B.
- Your homestead must be in Michigan, and where you maintain a permanent residence.
(Note: You can have only one homestead at a time and you must be the occupant as well as the owner or renter.)
- You are not a full-time student who is claimed as a dependent on another person's income tax return.
- You did not live in a Care facility for the entire tax year: See Exceptions for Licensed Care Facilities
- Adult Foster Care Home
- Licensed home for the aged
- Nursing home
- Substance abuse treatment center
- Special Situations:
- Shared Housing
- Part Year Resident Owners/Renters
- Deceased Taxpayers
- View Special Situations Information