What common mistakes are made when completing the Michigan Home Heating Credit Claim MI-1040CR-7?
Mistakes will delay your credit payment or may result in your credit being denied.
Common mistakes made when completing the MI-1040CR-7 include:
- Filing after the deadline of September 30th
- Using a name and address label with incorrect information
- Illegible writing
- Incorrect or missing social security number(s) for eligible filers and/or dependents
- Incorrect Social Security number(s)
- Failure to mark box 7 if your heating costs are currently included in your rent
- Entering figures on the wrong lines or not entering figures on required lines
- Computation errors (addition, subtraction, etc.)
- Entering incorrect heat amount
- Failure to report total household resources from all sources or entering monthly amount instead of annual amount