What should I do if I believe I am a victim of identity theft, didn't file a Michigan return but I received a Substitute Form 1099-G notice?

If you are a victim of identity theft and did not file a return with Michigan Department of Treasury but received a Substitute Form 1099-G, you may disregard the notice. Do not report the amount listed on the Substitute Form 1099-G on your federal return. No further action is required.