Career and Technical Education programs provide students with opportunities to acquire the competencies required in today’s workplace such as critical thinking, collaboration, problem solving, innovation, teamwork, and communication. CTE is no longer just about teaching students a narrow set of skills adequate for entry-level jobs; it is about preparing students for careers.
As we recognize and celebrate February as CTE Month here in Michigan, we recognize the many stereotypes when it comes to professional trades. Ashlyn Childs aims to shatter them all.
Being a woman in the field, you have to remind yourself you're not a woman in welding, you are a welder that happens to be a woman.
The Lenawee Intermediate School District Tech Center student is studying welding. She took a summer class as a middle school student and was inspired to continue.
Check out what Ashlyn has to say in this short video.
If you have questions about your unemployment fraud
case and your determination was issued between
October 2013 and August 2015 please call 1-800-638-6372
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you are a resident or employer with questions about the
data security incident and want to know what steps you
can take, please call 1-855-707-8387, Monday – Friday,
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Talent Investment Agency restructuring will help agency become more effective, responsive to residents
- Unemployment Insurance Agency welcomes opportunity to work with Legislature in continuing efforts to make agency more effective
- DTMB Investigating Potential Release of Sensitive Information in Unemployment Computer System
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).