Utah Unemployment Insurance director selected to lead Michigan agency, restore public trust in UIA
LANSING, Mich. – Michelle Beebe, a nationally recognized and respected leader in unemployment services, has been named to lead Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Agency.
Beebe’s leadership as director of Utah’s Unemployment Insurance Division make her the ideal person to guide Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Agency, said Wanda M. Stokes, director of the Talent Investment Agency, which oversees the UIA.
Beebe has been head of the Utah’s agency since December 2014, and held other posts within the state’s Unemployment Insurance Division starting in 2008.
Stokes said Beebe brings a fresh perspective to the Michigan agency. Read more →
If you have questions about your unemployment fraud
case and your determination was issued between
October 2013 and August 2015 please call 1-800-638-6372
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you are a resident or employer with questions about the
data security incident and want to know what steps you
can take, please call 1-855-707-8387, Monday – Friday,
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency making progress in reviewing insurance fraud determinations
- Utah Unemployment Insurance director selected to lead Michigan agency, restore public trust in UIA
- Talent Investment Agency restructuring will help agency become more effective, responsive to residents
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).