Welcome to the Talent Investment Agency (TIA)
TIA is the agency that combines Michigan Unemployment Insurance and Workforce Development, and is responsible for their activities. Businesses need a talented workforce. Workers need the right skills to compete for available jobs. TIA programs are focused on job preparedness, career-based education, worker training, employment assistance and unemployment insurance.
Michigan is the first state in the nation to team up with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation (USCCF) to conduct a state-led Talent Pipeline Management (TPM) program. Erin Duckett, department specialist for the Talent Investment Agency (TIA), is representing the State of Michigan on this important initiative.
“TIA is proud of the work Erin is doing with the TPM initiative,” Wanda Stokes, Director of TIA, said. “Erin’s dedication to this work, and her vast experience in this area, represent us very well. It is truly impressive to have our work recognized at the national level.”
Launched in 2014 by the USCCF, the TPM initiative is an employer-led movement designed to close the skills gap. The TPM approach encourages employers to play an expanded leadership role in education and workforce partnerships by leveraging lessons learned from supply chain management and applying them in new and innovative ways to source talent. In TPM, employers play a stronger and end-customer role in managing their talent supply chain partnerships by working in collaboration with other employers to more clearly communicate their competency, credentialing, and other hiring requirements for their most critical jobs.
Duckett is one of four individuals chosen by USCCF to participate in a Train the Trainer program for TPM. She is working with five individuals from across the state to help them implement TPM in industry collaboratives.
Request a TIA Speaker
The Talent Investment Agency supports business growth and a diverse skilled workforce through strategic partnerships by ensuring that citizens are well-informed of the impact of our programs and services. To facilitate that mission, our Communications Office provides face-to-face interaction with organizations that want to learn more about the programs and services of this agency.
Speakers Available for:
Workshops | Staff Trainings | Events
Special Engagements | Program Information
- Two Guilty of Identity Theft
Florida residents caught after stealing unemployment benefits
- ID Theft Tips Issued to Protect Public & Businesses
Complaints dropping due to enhanced protection efforts
- Rey Guzman Chosen as Michigan Works! Impact Award Winner
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).