TIA Celebrates 30 Years of Innovation with Michigan Works!
Team TIA was proud to serve as premier sponsor of this year's Michigan Works! Annual Conference in Mt. Pleasant. More than 500 workforce professionals from around the state gathered to connect with community partners and share best practices in engaging talent and building partnerships.
Established in 1987, the Michigan Works! Association celebrated its 30th year as a leader in workforce development and is a key partner with TIA in connecting talent to business.
The three-day conference featured a host of dynamic speakers and workshops and allowed TIA team members to promote programs such as Work Share and Going Pro in Michigan. By the end of the conference, participants left inspired and ready to get back to the work of preparing talent for today’s career opportunities.
Congratulations to the Michigan Works! Association for a job well done. See you next year in Grand Rapids!
Request a TIA Speaker
The Talent Investment Agency supports business growth and a diverse skilled workforce through strategic partnerships by ensuring that citizens are well-informed of the impact of our programs and services. To facilitate that mission, our Communications Office provides face-to-face interaction with organizations that want to learn more about the programs and services of this agency.
Speakers Available for:
Workshops | Staff Trainings | Events
Special Engagements | Program Information
- Careers in Energy Week set to shine light on wide-ranging, rewarding careers in Michigan's energy industry
- Talent Investment Agency boosting Square One Education Network efforts to expand STEM inspiration, opportunity in schools
- Michigan's unemployment agency completes review of fraud determination cases; comprehensive changes underway to improve customer service and operations
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).