TIA's Veterans' Employment Services (VES) team provided career assistance at the 2017 Capital Area Stand Down and Lansing Community Connect!
This event is a one-stop service fair for Veterans and people who are homeless or at-risk of being homeless. Attendees were provided with a broad range of services and assistance including food, clothing, legal and mental health aid, medical assistance, education and employment counseling and more! Of course there was also plenty of camaraderie and networking.
Stand Down is a hand up – not a handout – and it is made possible thanks to the hard work of hundreds of volunteers and organizations throughout the nation.
Visit Michigan Talent Investment Agency's Veterans' Employment Services today to find out how the Veterans' Employment Services can help you.
- Michigan's unemployment agency completes review of fraud determination cases; comprehensive changes underway to improve customer service and operations
- Gov. Rick Snyder: Michigan Career Pathways Alliance recommendations essential to close talent gap, boost opportunities for every student
- Unemployment Insurance Agency making progress in reviewing insurance fraud determinations
Jobs in Michigan
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect Pure Michigan Talent Connect is your launch pad for new jobs, careers and talent. It is an online marketplace connecting Michigan's job seekers and employers, and serves as a central hub linking all public and private stakeholders who support Michigan's workforce. Pure Michigan Talent Connect serves as the state's labor exchange system.
- Workforce Development Agency The Workforce Development Agency (WDA) promotes a flexible, innovative, and effective workforce system within the State of Michigan. To accomplish this, the WDA supports a demand driven workforce system, assists the structurally unemployed with financial independence, advocates for the integration of workforce development into the K-12 school system, and supports the alignment of workforce development with economic development efforts.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency UIA The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).