City, Village, and Township Revenue Sharing (CVTRS)
For questions pertaining to the Economic Vitality Incentive Program, please contact the Michigan Department of Treasury, Office of Revenue and Tax Analysis, at 517-373-2697.
Public Act 63 of 2011, introduced the Economic Vitality Incentive Program. Each city, village, or township that received a FY 2010 statutory payment greater than $4,500 and fulfills the specific requirements for all of the three categories will be eligible to receive a maximum of 67.837363% of its FY 2010 total statutory payment (rounded to the nearest dollar). An eligible city, village, or township will receive 1/3 of the maximum amount for each of the three categories they fulfill the specific requirements for. The three categories are Accountability and Transparency, Consolidation of Services, and Employee Compensation. Each eligible city, village, or township must submit the certification form and required attachments for each category to qualify for payment. Any local unit that falsifies certification documents shall forfeit any future economic vitality incentive program payments and shall repay the state all economic vitality incentive program payments it has received. Detailed information regarding each category can be found in Public Act 63 of 2011.
EVIP Training Presentation at MML - August 16, 2011
- Part 1: Evah Cole, Department of Treasury
- Part 2: Eric Scorsone, Extension Specialist, MSU
- Part 3: Joe Heffernan, Audit Partner, Plante & Moran, PLLC
- Part 4: Anthony Minghine, Associate Director & COO, Michigan Municipal League
P.A. 63 of 2011 (FY 2012 Appropriation Act)
Eligible Local Units
- Projected EVIP payments - FY 2013 (based on the Governor's FY 2013 Executive Budget Recommendation 2/9/12)
- Projected Payments - FY 2012
- Certification of Accountability and Transparency, form 4886
- Certification of Consolidation of Services, form 4887
- Certification of Employee Compensation, form 4888
- Certification of EVIP Employee Compensation - Public Act 152 of 2011 Option, form 4978