Welcome to the Unemployment Insurance Agency
The Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) operates Michigan's unemployment insurance program which collects unemployment taxes from employers and provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own.
UIA offers online services to customers through the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM).
- Michigan Web Account Manager for Claimants and Employers
The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- Problem Resolution Offices - Need Help?
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- Manage Your Tax Account
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- 2016 UIA Employer Seminar Presentation
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft