All Unemployment Insurance offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24 in observance of Thanksgiving.
Due to the holiday, please allow a two to three-day delay before your benefit payment is deposited to your financial institution or loaded onto your debit card.
· You can still file your unemployment claim online through MiWAM.
· If you need to certify for benefits you can do so online or through MARVIN by phone.
Talent Investment Agency
The Michigan Talent Investment Agency operates the unemployment insurance program. This program provides temporary income for workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. The program is funded through unemployment taxes paid by employers.
Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) is the Unemployment Insurance Agency's (UIA) system for managing your unemployment account electronically.
MiWAM has been updated to serve you better! You will notice a new look to some pages and some added functions.
Look for more details in the updated MiWAM Toolkits coming soon.
This video outlines the process, gives helpful tips and lets you know how to prepare for an unemployment appeals hearing.
The Work Share Program is a voluntary program that provides employers facing a decline in business with an alternative to layoffs.
If you have questions about your unemployment fraud case and your determination was issued between October 2013 and August 2015, please call 1-800-638-6372, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Many people are requesting information about a review of past fraud determination cases, and the agency is working with claimants to answer questions.
If you had an unemployment claim from 2013 through 2015, and your case is part of the review, you will be notified by the agency. It is vitally important that your contact information, including your phone number, address and email, are up to date. Update your address online via your MiWAM account, or complete and mail Form UIA 1925, Request for Name and/or Address Change or call our customer service line at 1-866-500-0017. Thank you for your patience as we work to serve you better.
- What You Should Know When Claiming Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Information needed to file a claim
- The Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM)
- A Handbook for Unemployed Workers - Unemployment Benefits in Michigan
- Access Your 1099-G Online
- Career Opportunities
- UIA 1251 Online Claim Filing Kit
- Fact Sheet 166 - Protecting Unemployment Benefits from Identity Theft
- New Address for Employee Wage Garnishment Payments (8/2017)
- What You Should Know As An Employer
- About Unemployment Insurance
- Electronic Filing Requirement
- Manage Your Tax Account
- Employer Handbook (November 2014)
- Taxes & Tax Credits
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit
- Taxable Wage Base
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program
- Office of Employer Ombudsman
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) E-Response
- Notice to Employers and Claimants Concerning Medical Marijuana
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Work Share Program
- Employer Webcasts
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations
- Legislative Information
- State of Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, Form 518
- Employer eRegistration
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - All About Benefits
- 2017 Employer Seminar Presentation - Your Tax Account
- Fact Sheet 167 - Protecting your Business and Employees from Identity Theft
- New Lien Process and Recording Fees