Skip Navigation
LARA: Unemployment Insurance Official Web Site for the State of Michigan Home
  • UIA Home
  • Sitemap
  • Contact UIA
  • FAQ
  • Online Services
  • close print view
      DISCLAIMER: The answers provided below are not meant to be a substitute for legal advice.
      As the owner of a corporation, am I liable under the Michigan Employment Security (MES) Act?
      If I have no payroll in a quarter, do I still have to send in my reports?
      What is the tax rate and tax base for new employers in Michigan?
      If I have a positive balance in my reserve account, can that money be refunded to me?
      How is an employer's tax rate determined?
      When will a preprinted Employer's Quarterly Wage/Tax Report (1028) no longer be mailed?
      If I don't receive my preprinted quarterly reports in the mail, will I still be charged penalty and interest if I am late in submitting the reports?
      How do I change my address?
      What is a "seasonal" designation?
      How does UIA define "full-time" work?
      How can I get UIA tax forms?
      Why can a fired worker still collect unemployment benefits?
      Is an employer's "cafeteria plan" taxable for UI tax purposes?
      How do special payments (such as holiday and vacation pay) affect a worker's entitlement to UI benefits and are the payments taxable to the employer for UI tax purposes?
      Can a temporary or probationary employee receive unemployment benefits?
      Can a pregnant worker draw UI if she is placed on a leave of absence?
      Where is the nearest UIA Office?
      Do I need a UIA tax clearance when purchasing an existing business?

    FAQ Categories
     •  Employer
     •  Jobless Worker
     •  SUTA Dumping
     •  Overpayments FAQ
     •  Emergency Unemployment Compensation
     •  UIA New Business FAQ
    QR code Home
  • LARA Home
  • UIA Home
  • State Websites

  • Accessibility Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Security PolicyPrivacy PolicyMichigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan