close print view
Interactive Wage Record CalculatorAgency:
Unemployment Insurance Agency
Calculate Duration of Benefits
Calculate Weekly Benefit Amount
General Instructions: Try clicking on the buttons to make calculations. If some keys, such as the multiplication (*) key or division (/) key, don't work, try typing in those symbols in the window. Handling of some expressions varies among browsers. Clicking 'CL' clears the form.
Calculating your weekly benefit amount, if you are otherwise eligible:
To set up a claim, the UIA must find the following in the base period: wages in the "high quarter" (quarter with the highest wages) of at least $2,871; and wages in the entire base period of at least 1.5 times the wages in the high quarter.
- Multiply your high-quarter wages by 4.1% (.041)
- Add $6 for each dependent up to 5;
- Round down the result to the nearest whole number;
- The maximum weekly benefit amount is $362.
|EXAMPLE: Using the UIA Interactive Wage Record Calculator below, let's figure the weekly benefit amount for a person with high-quarter wages of $4,500.
- Enter 4500 and then hit the decimal point (.) key;
- Hit the multiply key (* ) key, enter .041 and then hit the equal (=) key (Your calculator window should now read 4500.*.041 = 184.5);
- Hit the addition key (+) key, type 12 (two dependents at $6 each) and hit the equal (=) key;
- Round down the result to the nearest whole dollar.
What was your answer? If you got $196 after rounding down, you are correct. Ready to find out how to determine duration of benefits?
Calculating your duration of benefits:
- Multiply your total base period wages by 43% (.43);
- Divide that amount by your weekly benefit amount;
- Round down the result to the nearest half-week;
- Minimum duration of benefits is 14 weeks; maximum is 20 weeks.
|EXAMPLE: Using the UIA Interactive Wage Record Calculatorbelow, let's figure the duration of benefits for a person with total base period wages of $3,100 and a weekly benefit amount of $82.
- Enter 3100 and then hit the decimal point (.) key;
- Hit the multiply key (*) key, enter .43 and then hit the equal (=) key (your calculator window should now read 3100.*.43 = 1333);
- Hit the division key (/) key, enter 82 and then hit the equal (=) key;
- Round down the result to the nearest half week (e.g., 20.5 weeks).
What was your answer? If you got 16 weeks after rounding down, you are correct.