Update Regarding Federal Unemployment Extensions
- As a direct result of across the board budget cuts administered by the federal government, known as sequestration, Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits will be reduced by 10.7 percent. For weeks that begin on or after March 31, 2013, claimants who are currently collecting or will be collecting EUC will have their weekly benefit amount reduced by 10.7 percent.
- As a result of federal law, Michigan is no longer eligible for Emergency Unemployment compensation (EUC) Tier 4 benefits after week ending April 20, 2013.
Exhausting Unemployment Benefits
The agencies listed below may be able to assist you when your unemployment benefits end:
Health Care Resources
- Visit www.healthcare4mi.com or phone 1-888-988-6300.
- MIChild is a health insurance program available to uninsured children of Michigan families.
- Healthy Kids is a health care program for pregnant women, babies and children under 19.
Family Support, Housing Assistance and Health Care
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
Food Assistance, Medical Assistance, Cash Assistance, Emergency Services and Child Care
Educational Opportunities and Employment Assistance