Electronic Services for Employers
- Online Registration and Seeking Work Waiver A Registration and Seeking Work Waiver may now be requested on-line. In the past, employers had to submit the request in writing and receive approval for the waiver request. Now the waiver can be requested and approved in minutes! The form for employers to give employees (UIA 1711) may be found here
- Employers: Hire the Best Talent! Post a Job and get qualified responses the same day. Access thousands of resumes for your ideal match. Many resources are available to assist employers in connecting with talent.
- Employer Handbook (November 2014) The Employer Handbook is produced by the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA), one of the agencies within the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Office of Employer Ombudsman Employers with questions can now call our Office of Employer Ombudsman (OEO) unit at 1-855-4UIAOEO (1-855-484-2636). Outside of Michigan, please call 1-313-456-2300. You can also email your question to OEO@michigan.gov.
- Michigan Unemployment Tax Credit Contributing employers with positive experience account balances can now apply for the Michigan tax credit. Details inside.
- Client Level Reporting Toolkit for Professional Employer Organizations This toolkit provides instructions and helpful information for PEOs about the Client Level Reporting registration process, online reporting through MiWAM, Frequently Asked Questions and more.
- Michigan Targets SUTA Dumping Michigan's unemployment insurance program is starting to crack down on employers that are trying to reduce their high unemployment rates through various tax-avoidance practices. Known as SUTA (state unemployment tax act) dumping, these sophisticated shell games are costing Michigan's unemployment trust fund up to an estimated $95 million a year. Many of these unethical practices are already illegal.
- UIA Employer Services Brochure
- Detect Fraud, Prevent Fraud Protecting the integrity of the unemployment insurance program is of the utmost importance to the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). You can also help in the campaign to stop fraud.
- Tax Teams Are Changing We want to service employers better! To improve efficiency, quality of work, and timeliness in processing your requests, the Agency is changing the way we service our employers. Currently, the Employer Tax Teams service your account based on the last three digits of your seven-digit Employer Account Number. Effective June 2, 2008, employers who call the Tax Office with questions, requests, or for other assistance will be serviced by the next available staff person in the area that handles the function.
- Stand-Alone UIA Schedule B UIA Schedule B is included in the 518 Booklets, "Registration for Michigan Taxes," used by employers starting NEW businesses to register those new businesses for various kinds of Michigan business taxes, including unemployment compensation taxes. PLEASE NOTE: UIA SCHEDULE B MUST BE COMPLETED WHENEVER THERE IS A TRANSFER OF ORGANIZATION (EMPLOYEES), TRADE (CUSTOMERS/ACCOUNTS), BUSINESS (PRODUCTS/SERVICES), OR ASSETS BETWEEN BUSINESS ENTITIES, EVEN THOSE ALREADY IN EXISTENCE. UIA Schedule B is therefore being made available on the internet as a stand-alone form, as a convenience to the employer community, so that it can be filed by the employer receiving (acquiring) the organization, trade, business, or assets of another employer, or another subsidiary of the same employer, EVEN when the acquiring entity is not a NEW business entity.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program The Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program has been extended through December 31, 2011. Exceptions to the extension are; (1) Effective for start dates on or after January 1, 2010, the Detroit and Flint Renewal Communities (RC's) are no longer eligible for WOTC; and (2) The Unemployed Veteran and Disconnected Youth target groups expired on December 31, 2010. Employers are advised to continue to submit their certification requests for these two target groups in anticipation of a retroactive authorization.
Electronic Wage Detail Reports