2015 Obligation Assessment Rate CalculatorFor the convenience of our employer customers, below are instructions to help you figure your 2015 obligation assessment.
The 2015 rates are as follows:
- OA ratio = 0.168337
- Base assessment = $63.00
- Taxable wage base=$9,500
The example calculation below is based on a fictional employer with a 2015 tax rate of 10.30% and 1,500 employees.
- Divide your tax rate (10.3) by 100. The result should be 0.103.
- Next, multiply 0.103 by the OA Ratio of 0.168337 (0.103 X 0.168337). Did you get 0.017338? Good, that's correct. Jot this number down.
- Now divide the Base Assessment by the Taxable Wage Base (63 / 9500). You should get 0.0066316. Next, add this number to the number you saved above and multiply the result by 100. (0.017338 + 0.0066316 X 100). If you get 2.39696, you're right. Always round up this number to the next hundredths of a percent. So now you should have 2.40. This is your 2015 OA Rate (2.40 %).
- To obtain your cost per employee, multiply this example's OA Rate of 2.40 by the taxable wage base of $9,500. You should get a cost per employee of $228.00.
- To obtain the total cost for the example employer, enter the cost per employee of $228.00 and multiply it by the number of employees, which is 1,500 in this example. You should get $342,000 as the total cost for the example employer.
Example Results Summary:
- OA Rate = 2.40
- Cost Per Employee = $228.00
- Total Cost For Employer = $342,000