Emergency Unemployment Compensation

Do I have to register for work?

Yes, you must register for work with the Michigan Works! Agency (MWA) office. If you are already registered, update your résumé. You may enter or update your résumé on the Internet at www.mitalent.org/. However, you must still report in person at an MWA office at least two to three business days before your first call to MARVIN to ensure your information is electronically transmitted to the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA). Call 1-800 285-WORK to locate the nearest MWA office.