Skip to main content

Appliance/Equipment Repair

Required State License(s):

There is no state license for small appliance repairs (stoves, etc.). However, if larger heating or cooling units are to be repaired, a Mechanical Contractors license is required. For information, contact Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Construction Codes, Licensing Division; 517-241-9316.

A sales tax license may also be required for this type of business if products are sold to the public. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660 and request a Registration For Michigan Tax form (518).

Revised: 6/2017