During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Food and Agriculture Housing Task Force
The task force would like to hear from you about housing needs of agricultural and food processing communities across Michigan. The feedback survey is available here.
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Michigan Agriculture Facts & Figures
Michigan grows a wide variety of crops each year,and our farmers take pride in growing high quality, diverse products.
- MDARD to offer private pesticide applicators an alternate option to take certification exams
- State extends public comment period for draft Lake Erie Adaptive Management Plan; public meeting planned for June
- MDARD: U.S. Census Critical for Rural Communities
- Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association and Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Establish Statewide Partnership