The Licensing and Complaints Division is responsible for handling a broad spectrum of construction code and licensing complaints. The Division may be reached at:
Bureau of Construction Codes
Licensing and Complaints Division
P.O. Box 30254
Lansing, MI 48909
They can address questions and concerns involving:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Complaints against boiler, electrical, mechanical and plumbing licensees;
- Complaints against local units of government relating to the administration and enforcement of construction codes performed by the local unit of government;
- Complaints against Mobile Home Communities. Complaints regarding installation, servicing, manufacturing or retail mobile home operations should be directed to:
1350 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH, 44115
- Questions regarding eligibility of examinees, licensure and registration issuance, and renewals of registration of licenses. Telephone inquiries may be reached at 517-241-9316.
NOTE: Residential Builders and Maintenance & Alteration Contractors are not licensed with the Bureau. Instead, contact the Bureau of Professional Licensing at 517-373-8068;
- Complaints involving the failure to adhere to the state’s barrier free design requirements.