The Charitable Trust Section functions for Michigan citizens as a repository of financial and other information about charities they may want to support.
At any one time there are more than 8,000 charities registered with the Attorney General's Charitable Trust Section. Most charities soliciting contributions in Michigan are required to register with the Charitable Trust Section.
One of the goals of the Attorney General is to help educate the public and to assist them in making wise choices about what charities to support.Charitable Trust Responsibilities
- Texas-Based Fundraiser to Pay $75,000 and Will Correct Michigan Humane Society Clothing Donation Bins
- Schuette Shuts Down Another Deceptive Veterans Charity; Virginia-Based Professional Fundraiser Penalized
- Schuette Shuts Down Deceptive National Veterans Charity
- Schuette alleges deceptive solicitations violations against Florida-based veterans charity
- Michigan a Leading State in Fighting Charitable Solicitation Fraud
- Schuette Obtains $150k Settlement and 10-Year Solicitations Ban Against Florida Breast Cancer Charity Over Claims of Deceptive Solicitations
- Dearborn-based Fundraiser to Pay $35k for Illegally Operating Clothing Donation Bins