The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
About the AG's Office
- Can the Attorney General's Office give me personal legal advice or represent me in court?
- Where can I obtain a referral for legal services?
- Can I obtain an Attorney General's Opinion on a legal matter?
- Where can I get information about the Open Meeting Law?
- I want to look up a state law. Where can I find it?
- Where can I get information about the Freedom of Information Act?
- Where do I file a consumer complaint?
- Where can I file a complaint against a collection agency?
- Who can I contact to obtain my free annual credit report?
- I have a complaint about a consumer product I recently bought from a business. Who should I contact about my problem?
- I keep getting unwanted telephone solicitors calling my home, what can I do about it?
- Where do I complain about Auto Repairs?
- Where do I report a suspicious or fraudulent telemarketer?
- I'm having a problem with my credit card who do I get help from?
- Where do I go to learn more information about how to cancel a contract?
- Where can I obtain information or complaint record about a specific business?
- Is there a lemon law on used cars?
- Where do I go to get information on the drug price website?
- What if I have questions about antitrust law?
- What if I have questions about franchises?
- How do you make a complaint concerning the Friend of the Court?
- If I am not satisfied with FOC's response, who else can I contact?
- What do I do if I disagree with a family court's custody determination?
- The family court is not enforcing my divorce, my child custody or my alimony order. Is there anything I can do?
- Who do I call regarding grandparents' rights?
- Who do I call if I suspect that an adult is being physically abused or financially exploited?
- I receive Medicaid and I have a question about the program; who can I contact?
- I am a Medicaid provider and I have questions about the program, who can I contact?
- Who do I call to report welfare or Medicaid fraud?
- Who do I call with questions about my Medicare benefits?