Skip to main content

The family court is not enforcing my divorce, my child custody or my alimony order. Is there anything I can do?

The family court is solely responsible for the enforcement of orders of divorce, alimony and custody for cases under its jurisdiction.  You need to bring this matter before the court by an appropriate pleading, so that the court can determine what action it will take to enforce the order.  Only the court can enforce or modify its orders after the matter is brought before the court.  The appropriate procedure to challenge or reverse a decision of the family court not to enforce or modify its orders is to appeal that decision to a higher court.  You may wish to consult an attorney on the appropriateness of such an appeal.  You may contact the State Bar Lawyer Referral Services at its toll free number 800-968-0738, should you desire to make a change in your attorney or need assistance in obtaining legal counsel.