Skip to main content

Where can I file a complaint against a collection agency?

Complaints against debt collectors may be filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, or the Federal Trade Commission.

If you have a complaint against a collection agency, please file a complaint online with the Attorney General's Consumer Protection division. You can also reach the Consumer Protection division by phone at 877-765-8388 or 517-335-7599.