Skip to main content

Where can I obtain information or complaint record about a specific business?

Call the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection division toll-free at 877-765-8388.  When you call, you will speak to one of our Complaint Specialists.  If you give them the name of the business, and any other identifying information you have (such as an address or phone number), our Complaint Specialists can check our database to see if the Attorney General has received complaints about that business.  They can tell you how many complaints were filed with the Attorney General, what some of the complaints are about, and whether the Consumer Protection division was able to successfully mediate these complaints. 

You can also check online to see if the Better Business Bureau has any complaints on file regarding a company.